Friday, May 24, 2013

End of the Line--Last Business Trip as an Employee

Well, coming to the end of the road as a business traveler, at least as an employee!  I will be retiring July 5th, 2013.  Next Tuesday, May 28th, I will head out to Temecula, CA, for the last time as an employee.  May not be my last business trip, but will most likely be my last business trip as an employee.

I have been traveling for business for 30 years, first as a Sales Representative in New England, and later throughout my career in Publishing as a Marketing Manager, Editor, and Sr. Manager/VP.  Overall, have really enjoyed seeing the country, both from the air, automobile, cabs and limos, an occasional train, and even a ferry or two!  Nothing better than traveling and getting paid for it!  Have gotten to see places and things I never would have, and have met so many really good people all over the country.  Some folks who have hosted me in restaurants and hotels as service employees have become good friends, and I hope to maintain those friendships after retirement, even if only at a distance.

Now, there have been many misadventures, and usual travel disruptions/challenges.  However, more funny and fun stories than horror stories.

So, maybe this coming week, as I have time, I will update y'all on my last week of official business travel as an employee.

No comments:

Post a Comment